The Hellebore, also known as the ‘winter rose’, is perfect to bring a touch of winter to your home. Combining it with natural colours and materials makes for a wonderfully pure ecstatic piece to brighten up any place you put it. Step-by-step: how to create a natural-styled Hellebore design:
Two Hellebores ‘Verboom Beauty’ by Kwekerij Verboom, a handful of pinecones, melted candle wax, iron wire (or ready-made decorations) and a dried bottle gourd.
HOW TO MAKE
Keep tools like a wire cutter and saw within reach.
Prepare the pinecones and gourd if you could not find these ready-made.
- Attach iron wire to the pinecones
- Dip the pinecones, one by one, in the melted candle way
- Let them dry until the wax has hardened
Dried bottle gourd:
- Cut 1/3 of the gourd away
- Line the inside of the bottle gourd with plastic in order to collect the water and prevent the dried gourd from getting wet.
Take the ‘Verboom Beauty’ out of their pots and carefully place the two in the bottle gourd.
Fill up the holes with the decorative waxed pinecones on wire.
Done! An easy yet beautiful design for you or your customer to enjoy. Put your creation in a half-shadowy place. The ‘Verboom Beauty’ does not like too much sun so try to avoid a place in direct sunlight. During the flowering period, the plant can be placed indoors and outdoors.
Hellebore ‘Verboom Beauty’ care tips
To enjoy your design longer:
- regularly give the Hellebore water. Take care that the roots don’t stand in water as it will increase the possibility of the roots starting to rot.
- keep the Hellebores in a cool environment when you want to lengthen the flowering period.
- remove withered flowers as this will encourage the plant to create new flowers.